LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change programatically the boolean text image?

I want to adapt programatically the image of one boolean button that enables a device. The idea is create the executable, and depending on the device type (given by a config file) adapt the button appearance, with an image that shows the specific device it refers to.

Is it possible to change the boolean text image programatically?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,255 Views)

Can you not use several booleans and set them all to invisible until you know which one you need?

This would add extra logic code though.

I don't think you can change the actual control/indicator image. Or did you mean the text itself?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,254 Views)

Thanks for your reply! Actually that's the solution I have in mind, although that implies a significant increase in the controls and that's why I was considering changing only the image. I refer to the control/indicator image, not the text, sorry for not expresing myself clearly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,250 Views)

You could always create your own control.

Then you could use any image you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,248 Views)

You can't change the image in the runtime. Could you use a picture control instead? You won't have the button "look and feel", but you can change the picture at runtime. You can still respond to a mouse click on the picture to be the equivalent of clicking on a button.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,238 Views)

If you have a limited set of pictures, consider using a picture ring indicator, with a transparent boolean placed on top of it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,234 Views)