LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to build a project with Labview 2010 on a Windows XP system, that is useful for a system with windows 7 on it?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am planning to use Labview 2010 in a short time.

But before I'm going to use it I have some questions.

1. I know it is possible to run Labview 2010 in an XP environment. But is it also possible to, when running Labview 2010 on a XP system, to build a project to a version that is useful in a Windows 7 environment?
  2. Or do I have to run Labview 2010, when I want to build a project that is useful on a Windows 7 system, on a system with Windows 7?

Please give me some information.

I hope to hear from one of you soon.

Regards,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,306 Views)

Hi,

You can build an exe on windows XP with LV2010, and run it on windows 7.

Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,304 Views)

Does Labview 2010 automatically make a file that is useful for Windows 7 or do I have to make a selection for it?
Because it's possible to run Labview 2010 on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Regards,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,300 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cheese11

the file (.exe) is both compatible with xp and seven, no need to change anything...

Regards

V-F
Message 4 of 6
(2,294 Views)

Is it possible to build a project with Labview 2009 on a Windows XP system, that is useful for a system with windows 7 on it?

Thanks.

Philippe B.
Certified Associate Developer / Dépt Moyens d'essais

www.ingenia-system.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,206 Views)

Same answer. The binary file will run. BUT... Windows 7 has stronger protection on certain folders, so if you are trying to do certain things, like writing directly to the C:\ drive, or to the C:\Program Files, or to the registry, you will get errors. This is not a LabVIEW issue, but an operating system issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,198 Views)