LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible in labview ?

Hey all

I am quite new to labview programming. We have a Kaiser raman rxn system with which we do some experiments. So we acquire the spectrums in holograms in one pc. We have another PC running which has the labview software and this labview softwaare is interfaced to the kaiser using the DDE connection of labview with holograms. But as DDE is quite outdated i want to change the program . Is the connection possible with Activex?...Or any other way i can connect.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,867 Views)

Surely...

Obviously the ActiveX has to be made by kaiser system. Otherwise, you have to control your system directly by the DLL of its.

You can get more information about how you can connect to an ActiveX here:

How to connect to an ActiveX

I hope it can be helpful...

Good luck!

Ricky
Italian Developer engineer
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
Message 2 of 8
(2,844 Views)

Labview can do very much, but it is more likely that the software/equipment from Kaiser has some restictions. Smiley Surprised Have you taken a look at the Kaiser documentation and what it says there?

After taking a quick look on the Kaiser website, some places the modbus protocol and OPC support is mentioned, just to point in some direction, you can look if a modbus slave is mentioned, or any OPC support, but I would believe these are used to control their hardware directly....

As mentioned above, ask Kaiser if they have any ActiveX support. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
(2,841 Views)

thnks a lot guys.....ll have a look .....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,810 Views)

attachments

Edit: Attachments removed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,770 Views)

Hi ramanan,

If I didn't mistaken, you want to know a method to link the acquisition part of your software, which you do by the ActiveX control, to the saving data part of its. You can do it using the queue, but in the software you've posted I can't understand where are the data to save. Because of the fact I'm not having a Kaiser instrument at the moment I handled your example and I had guess the data are into the evaluate variant data of the function (but I'm not able to test it). The VI I've posted is just an example to follow to how to connect the ACQ part to the Saving part of your software.

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
Message 6 of 8
(2,760 Views)

Edit: Attachments removed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,727 Views)

ramanan043 ha scritto:

I am gettin error in the program which reads "Boolean latch action is imcompatible with local variables."

Off course, you have to check the mechanical action of the "CREATE" button and change it from "Latch when release" to non latch action. I suggest setting to "Switch until release" action. You can't use the local variable with the latch action set on the button. Changing the mechanical action by clicking with the right button of the mouse on the boolean button, on the short menu select mechanical actions and then select the mechanical action you want your button to have to use.

you can find more information about how to work the mechanical action on NI site and on your help guide.

Regards!

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,715 Views)