LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to change the Name ' ASRL3::INSTR' to COM3 instead, in a' VISA resource name' Control ?

Hi all.

Is it Possible to change the Name ' ASRL3::INSTR' to COM3 instead, in a' VISA resource name' Control.

see attached  pic.  is there a control  propertie that can change this View eks.  "ASL3::INSTR"  To "COM3"?

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,946 Views)

With Measurement&Automation explorer you should be able to modify the serial port ALIAS to "COM3"

change_com_alias.jpg

see jpg

CLD - Labview Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,931 Views)

Yes that is possibly right, but that will only be for that port.

I would like to change the VISA formatting The Control views. so other ports also are changed automatic.

Ex.  if my program is running on a PC with 3 ports, then in the controllers Window for the VISA Resource, it wil display 

ASL1::INSTR

ASL2::INSTR

ASL3::INSTR

There must be a propertie for the controller or so ?

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,923 Views)
This document shows how to use the VISA alias utility.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,920 Views)

Sorry but the only way I know to change that kind of alias is modifying the key in "visaconf.ini".

CLD - Labview Certified Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,917 Views)

antea06 a écrit:

Sorry but the only way I know to change that kind of alias is modifying the key in "visaconf.ini".

This is exactly what MAX will do when using the tool that is described in above linked document... Obviously, you can edit this file (take care to the exact syntax and don't forget to update the number of aliases) but it is much more confortable and secure to use MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,915 Views)

This configuartion is set up, but when Running the application I only get those long Port names.

Could itbe that it only comes trough when making an .exe application?

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,894 Views)
Do you run the application on your development computer or on another machine ? Are the aliases (eg COM3) displayed in the development mode ?
Message 8 of 9
(6,873 Views)

Antea,

Your user icon doesn't show up because you hosted it on some 3rd party website we dont' have access to.  Post your icon as an attachment to the Icons Thread

Then have you user profile point to the file attachment at that message thread if you want people to see it.

Message 9 of 9
(6,844 Views)