From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is is Possible to count any particular address bit of Siemens PLC?

Dear All

i have project in which i monitor shared variables of Siemens PLC.

i stuck on to count memory address from PLC.

i want to count any particular address say "M0.5"  that how many time used in whole project.

is it possible to count that from labview and display count value as a integer on front panel of my labview project?

Please help

Thanks,

Asif 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,267 Views)

Hi Asif,

Just to clarify, are you asking if you can count the number of times a value is read from a particular memory address while running your project? Or are you asking how you can count the number of explicit references that have been defined for a specific memory address in your project?

Additionally, what is the specific model of your PLC and how are you communicating with it?

Best,

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,212 Views)

You might be able to count the instances of a specific shared variable with scripting. It wouldn't be easy. And if you succeed, it will not work in an executable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,191 Views)

any idea how to write script?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,178 Views)

Do you know how to use Google search? Just search for "VI scripting" or "LabVIEW scripting" keywords.

One hit:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvconcepts/scripting_property_method/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,168 Views)