LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Windows XP supported, and by which versions of NI-DAQ and LabVIEW?

Which versions of NI-DAQ, LabVIEW, and LabVIEW Run-Time run under Windows XP?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,284 Views)
Currently Windows XP is not a supported OS. It isn't scheduled for release for another 50 days and our R&D department is working on readying our products to support XP for its launch date.

Marcus Monroe
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,281 Views)
For the official support listing for XP go to www.ni.com/info and type in winxp. There is a xp supported product listing.

Marcus Monroe
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,281 Views)
I contacted NI and they told me that LabView 6i and 6.1 were both fully compatible with Windows XP and there would be no problems if we upgraded.

We upgraded one system as a test, and LabView worked fine, but the DaqCard 6024E fails with an IRQ Error. Tech support does not know what to do, and we have been down on this system for 2 weeks now. I'm glad we only upgraded the one system.

Pete
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,281 Views)
Peter,

You're right. I'm having a similar problem with my PCI-6534 using the NI-DAQ 6.9.2 driver under XP. When I shut my C++ application down we always experience the "Blue Screen of Death" with a DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL reason. If anyone can get the information out of National about how to shut down interrupts safely (like how about a user cleanup routine?) I'd like to hear about it.

Dan Stine
USNRL
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,281 Views)
I was able to figure out the solution to our problem and passed it onto NI Tech Support. It is good practice whenever there are hardware problems to go into your CMOS and disable "detect plug and play devices". Windows still will recognize plug and play, but the BIOS won't be messing with the interupts.

Hope this works as well for you as it did for me.

Good luck,

Pete
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,281 Views)
Does anyone know if XP will work with a PCI 6024E board. I really do not want to tank something that already works, but I have Windows Me. WinMe is about as stable as a Hollywood marriage.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,281 Views)
PCI 6013, Labview 6.1,
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,281 Views)
For all Windows/LabVIEW/Toolkits compatibility questions, check out this KnowledgeBase.
(I know this is a pretty old post, but I'm replying anyway for posterity.)

Happy developing!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
Message 9 of 9
(3,030 Views)