From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Marker Values[] used on X and Y axes?

Solved!
Go to solution

I see some strange behavior with the property Marker Values[] for the X and Y scales of a graph.  I know what the markers are in the color scale of an intensity graph, but I don't understand it conceptually for X and Y.  Does it just refer to the tick marks?  That wouldn't really make sense, because those are handled with properties such as "range" and "style". Furthermore, if I look at the Marker Values[] with a property node, the array is empty, as if it's not used.  But if I assign that same empty array to the Marker Values[] of an identical graph, it makes the intermediate tick marks and values disappear.  What's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,752 Views)

Well, I can answer part of my own question:  If I assign a constant to Marker Values[], it does indeed create tick marks and values at those locations, just like the color scale for the Z-axis.  It's odd though that the tick marks that naturally occur don't show up in Marker Values[]. It's like an alternative way to represent the axis.  Is this what was intended, or is this a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bracker

Hello braker,

I do not believe this is a bug.  If you look at the help, it is 'an array of user-defined marker values.'  Since the defaulted marker values are not user-defined, it will not return anything.

Regards,

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,713 Views)

Ok, that makes sense.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,709 Views)

I wonder if there is any way to get the marker values that are automatically created.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,097 Views)

yscale-->Marker Values

When using auto-scale for a Waveform Graph, reading from the property node

"Marker Values" gives you an empty array.

How do you retrieve marker values that you want to transfer to a new Graph which may be

a different physical size (and in a different .vi), but you want the same markers ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,078 Views)