LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoking a WSV file in labview

Hello, I generated a wsv file with systemvue, I need to load and call this file in labview, but labview does not support this type of file, how can I do to achieve my idea? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(970 Views)

WSV seems to be a proprietary file of Keysight. If you know the structure of data stored in the file, the forum members might be able to guide you to parse it.

Could you please explain why you would want to parse that Keysight proprietary workspace file in LabVIEW and what do you intend to do with it LabVIEW?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(948 Views)

Hello, I have built a radar system with systemVue. After exporting the modules of this system, I need to import this radar system into labview for use, so I need labview to call this WSV file.I found that if I open a wsv file in Notepad, the Code language is XML. Can I call him in the same way that I call an XML file. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(916 Views)

Hi Wen,

@wenxiuluo wrote:

After exporting the modules of this system, I need to import this radar system into labview for use, so I need labview to call this WSV file.

Technically you can "import" that file using the ReadBinaryFile function…

Again: what do you want to do with this "radar system" in LabVIEW?

To repeat the other message: when you want to know about the data format in this WSV file then you need to read the SystemVUE manual or ask Keysight about their software!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(910 Views)

Hello, I open this file with notepad, and it shows XML format, so I should call XML file or use the method you said is correct. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(894 Views)