LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible wire - ever see this?

I've seen something like this before.  Can't explain exactly what happened, but it did.  I call it a wire leak, sort of like a memory leak.  I seem to recall invisible wires happening when a case structure is downsized, and a wire in the other case became invisible when objects that were connected to it were deleted.  Not sure of the order of events.  Perhaps downsizing the structure then deleting a terminal....????

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(610 Views)

DFGray - clarified a lot:smileywink:.

And, by the by, the "insane wires" problem can be solved by copying all the block diagram code (Ctrl+A - Ctrl+C) from "bad" vi to a blank new one (Ctrl+V).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(590 Views)
Sharonoff, that method usually works.  However, the insane wires you get by making them too long are pretty resistant to fixing, since they involve fundamental integer roundoff issues in the positioning code.  They can crash LabVIEW if you try to compile your VI (or save it).  The good news is that it is almost impossible to create them manually.  Tacking the wire down every once in a while during a long wire creation will circumvent this bug (assuming, of course, that you actually need a wire this long!). Most people do this when running a long wire; and 20 thousand pixels is a lot of block diagram space.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(572 Views)