LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investigate Internal Error

Trying to investigare the error´s below but no solution was found. Would be grateful for descriptions and possible solutions. My front panel does not update (redraw) its lower part on the sceen. Same thing when not running the vi and then also the right vertical scroll bar does not work. Here are the errors to investigate:

fpsane.cpp (401)

KCode.cpp (509)

BadLinkerObjs.cpp (195)

support.cpp (6165)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,119 Views)

Sadly, there are bugs (!!) in LabVIEW, even if you are using the Spring (Service Pack 1) release.  If LabVIEW crashes on you, it generally suggests you allow it to send an Error Report -- go ahead and do that, as (if nothing else) it alerts the Developers to on-going problems.  In my (limited) experience, trying to track down the errors yourself is rarely productive -- most of the reported failures seem to be deep inside LabVIEW's "internals".

If you keep getting errors, and if you can figure out the "trigger" for the error, then it is not unreasonable to call NI's Support line and ask for help.  If you can find a small piece of code that reliably causes the error, you can ship this off to the Applications Engineer (who can then bring it to the Developers and say "Here, Fix This!").  I've managed to find a few demonstrable "bugs", some of which were fixed in the subsequent Release ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,017 Views)