From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse kinematic of adjusted Scara robot

Hi LabVIEW users, 

Actually i am having problem to how to use the inverse kinematic module in LabVIEW, 

I have tried to adjust an example which i have found in LabVIEW library but i couldn't make the needed amended. 

Now I am thinking about building a new code from A to Z but again  i feel like i lack several information. 

Please check the attachment below for the example i am talking about. 

Looking forward for your kindly help.

Appreciate. 

Thanks. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,969 Views)

Hey DALIXX,

What sorts of confusion do you have with the inverse kinematics VI? The VI uses a numeric solver to calculate joint angles, after you provide it the transform from the base to the end effector. What kind of modifications were you looking to make? The VI itself is generic in the sense that you can provide it whatever transform and joint angles you have and it will calculate the output.

For your reference, here's our help documentation on the Inverse Kinematics VI

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,910 Views)

Hi there, 

Thanks for your kindly response. 

so basically i will need to divide my problem into two sub problems, like at the first stage i will need to set up the configuration of my robotic arm as well as the forward kinematic sketch. 

and for the second stage is to how to use the forward kinematic sketch to end up with the inverse right ? 

i am just asking you ? if  am i right. 

May you please tell me how to set the robotic configuration because there is several  blur points.

for example when i tried "initialize generic serial arm" under the kinematic parameters i need to fill up four rows  for four joints. however in my kinematic configuration i am having 3 joints and four row table  ? 

I really appreciate your help. 

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,898 Views)

DALIXX,

I just want to clarify the questions you have an give a little bit of information given my understanding:

1. You are using the SCARA example VI, and you are wanting to know how you can use 3 joints instead of 4 joints

2. You are needing help using the forward kinematics transform to figure out the inverse kinematics equation

I suppose you could just put in a joint angle of 0 for the end effector of the SCARA arm (joint 4) since it doesn't really have any effect on the joints before it and just keep that in mind when you are calculating any end positions and trajectories

If you are having issues with actually creating the Forwards Kinematics, I would recommend taking a look at the documents linked below

Forward Kinematics VI

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372983F-01/lvrobovi/forward_kinematics/

Initialize Serial Arm VI

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372983F-01/lvrobovi/init_serial_arm/

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,885 Views)

Thanks, 

The good news is that i have  already completed the robot configuration ( Dh-table) and the forward kinematic using matlab and then i am thinking about using the Inverse solver in robotic module. 

So is that possible ? to create a Mathscript subVI for the first stage one ( robot configuration and the forward approach) and then use the LabVIEW's inverse solver ? 

if you may please send for me an email to better connect dali.charfi@ieee.org 

your kindly gesture it's deeply appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,880 Views)

DALIXX,

Yes,  you can definitely use a Mathscript node to get the homogeneous transform to feed into the Inverse Kinematics VI to calculate a new position or trajectory. Also, connecting through the forums will be a better option for us, that way others that visit the forums can see our full conversations and benefit from them as well!

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,863 Views)

Thanks, 

I have already posted a question about this issue cause i got an error massage. 

May you please check my Vi to better understand my problem as well as to check the code that i have already did. 

Please check the link below for the post

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Inverse-kinematic/m-p/3802388  

Your kindly gesture it's deeply appreciated. 

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,855 Views)

Thanks, 

I have already posted a question about this issue cause i got an error massage. 

May you please check my Vi to better understand my problem as well as to check the code that i have already did. 

Please check the link below for the post

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Inverse-kinematic/m-p/3802388  

Your kindly gesture it's deeply appreciated. 

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,848 Views)