LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid icd file with Basler Spring Camera

Basic Problem

I am trying to run my Basler camera (Basler spL8192-70km) with the icd file provided on the NI website (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nipc.product?pid=11078&asid=1102). When load this camera file through the NI Camera File Generator, I get the error: 

"This camera file is not a digital camera file, or it is damaged. A new digital camera file will be created."

Why am I experiencing this problem? 

Additional Details

• I am placing this file in the default location for icd files. I have been able to run this camera with another camera file, but the dimensions and settings of this camera file are different.
  • I know that I can create my own camera file with the NI Camera File Generator, but I would like to see if I can get this icd file to run since all the parameters will be set correctly. I tried to search for the error message, but did not have any success.
  • Software/hardware specs: Windows 7 64-bit, LabVIEW 2010, IMAQ 4.6.4, NI 1429 frame grabber

Thanks,

Kristen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,030 Views)

Hi Kristen,

The reason why you are seeing that prompt when trying to load the camera file you linked with NI Camera File Generator is that camera files are frame grabber specific. The linked camera file (.icd file) is for the NI-1433 frame grabber only and will not work without modification on the 1429. It may be worth contacting Basler to see if they have a camera file for the NI-1429 or we can create a camera file (based off of the 1433 camera file) for the NI-1429 specifically.

------------------------------
Bill E. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,015 Views)