From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid ROI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Muks,

You showed in this example how to read data from one ROI. Would it be possible with LabView to draw with mouse several or unlimited number of ROIs, to have them all visible on the image and to read their statistics? I know that using Ctrl I can draw several ROIs, but reading ROI's property node gives combined data for all ROIs. How to separate their parameters for further analysis?

Regards,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,141 Views)
A suggestion . Why not go for particle analysis and extract the particles you desire. If Possible i will suggest you to try this.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,136 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,126 Views)

Thank you for the reference. It is very impressive program, but I still do not understand how to extract data from several drawn by mouse ROIs located in ONE window. WindGet Roi takes info from the one particular window (nn 1-15)...

Using Ctrl in this program  just average (as far as I understend) data from several ROIs.

Regards,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,109 Views)

Hi, hijacking a thread over here but since i've got the same problem so why not. I am trying to read characters from a picture made in paint( just as a test).I have a few questions:

1. About the Region of interest, when i connect a ROI constant to the OCR Read Text 3, it gives an error of invalid ROI. The ROI was extracted from the same picture using the IMAQ select Rectangle and than converted  to an ROI using the IMAQ convert rectangle to ROI vi.

2. Also how can i compensate for changes for the size of the characters?

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(863 Views)