LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Camera File using NI Max

Hello,

I need to perform an image acquisition using LabVIEW.

I am using an USB webcam.

The webcam works fine, I obtain the image under LabVIEW.

Now I would like to change some of its settings using NI Max.

When I try to save the modified settings, I have an error message telling that the camera file is invalid.

Consequently I cannot save my changes.

I've tried to delete ithe camera file so that NI Max would create it again, but it doesn't change anything, same problem every time.

I've tried with a different webcam from another brand, same error.

Do you have any idea about how to fix this ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,421 Views)

Okay, I think I know what is at the origin of my problem.

Nevertheless I don't know how to fix this.

About the origin of the problem : I tried to change the camera settings from LabVIEW using the IMAQdx write attributes VI.

I linked this VI with a char as input, the char being : CameraAttributes::Exposure::0

Now I have an error message when trying to run the code (there is no problem when I don't use the IMAQdx Write attributes VI.)

It says NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF69020) Invalid camera file.

And if I try to change anything under NI MAX and save it, I can't because the camera files are also invalid.

But if I wouldn't have tried to change the camera attributes, NI Max would be working normally and I would be able to save my changes.

Attached is a screenshot of my code so that you can understand how I tried to use the NI-IMAQdx Write Attributes VI.

So now that I know what is at the origin of the bug, I have two questions :

- How can I proprely change the camera attributes from LabVIEW (obviously I am wrong)

- How can I fix the camera files I have damaged ? 

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,380 Views)