From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpolating y values for certain x values from continously measured data

Hi everone,

I have a labview programm, that continously (every ~0.1sec) reads in data (x=temperature, y1=voltage1, y2=voltage2) and saves it in a spreadsheet (example see attachment).

From these pretty messy raw data, I want to interpolate sets of function points (x,y1,y2) at certain x-values = (0.1, 0.2, 0.3,...300 ).

Do you have an idea, how this could be done?

Matthias Berl

(beginner knowledge of labview)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,559 Views)

There is e.g. no x=0.1, so you would need to extrapolate. Do you have a mathematical model for the behavior? In that case, nonlinear fitting would be a good solution. Is that first point of y2=2314000.0000 real?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hi altenbach,

the attached data was just an example. I don`t want to extrapolate and will limit the taken data to a reasonable range. Also the first point of y2=2314000.0000 is a wrong value and would be excluded from evaluation.

I guess there is some exponential behaviour in the data, but unfortunately it is overlayed with other effects. That`s why I would prefer low-range interpolation to get a good fit with the actual data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Since there seem to be noise, interpolation is not a good solution. How about a polynomial, or an exponential and polynomial?

How about applying a smoothing function before interpolation? How about a low order polynomial of nearby points?

Can you attach some more realistic data? What is the typical x spacing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,512 Views)