LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Toolkit 6.0.1 and TCP error 66

Solved!
Go to solution
FYI for anyone interested.  I just experienced a problem upgrading Internet Toolkit from 6.0 to 6.0.1.  (I also upgraded LV 8.2.1 to LV 8.5 concurrently).  I am using "URL Get HTTP Document.vi" to get a small (1KB) text file from the web server, and it gave me error 66 when I upgraded, whereas it was working perfectly before.  Switching back to version 6.0, it is now working again with LV 8.5.  I've wasted enough time on this one and don't have the patience to dig further, but the error occured in the "TCP Buffered Read.vi" component.  I did a VI comparison on both of these and nothing changed between versions.  Error 66 presumably has something to do with this.

--David Moerman

Message 1 of 4
(4,511 Views)
Thank you for reporting this, I will investigate this further.  What operating system are you using when this error occurs?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,483 Views)

Hi David Moerman. This error occurs in the VI "TCP Buffered Read.vi" (found at LabVIEW-directory\vi.lib\addons\internet\utils\tcputil.llb\TCP Buffered Read.vi). In the image below, you can see the original VI code and the problematic portion (highlighted). 

TCP Buffered Read

There are two possible workarounds for this problem.

• Workaround 1: change the number of bytes to read (replace 1024 by 1). Look the image below.

Workaround 1

• Workaround 2: change the behavior of the read operation with the parameter mode. Is this case, the parameter value was modified to "CRLF". Look the image below.

Workaround 2

I hope this help.

My regards,

Vinicius

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Support

The same message with the links to the images.  🙂

Hi David Moerman. This error occurs in the VI "TCP Buffered Read.vi" (found at LabVIEW-directory\vi.lib\addons\internet\utils\tcputil.llb\TCP Buffered Read.vi). In the image below, you can see the original VI code and the problematic portion (highlighted). 

TCP Buffered Read

There are two possible workarounds for this problem.

• Workaround 1: change the number of bytes to read (replace 1024 by 1). Look the image below.

Workaround 1

• Workaround 2: change the behavior of the read operation with the parameter mode. Is this case, the parameter value was modified to "CRLF". Look the image below.

Workaround 2

I hope this help.

My regards,

Vinicius

Message 4 of 4
(4,115 Views)