LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internally Route DIO on R Series FPGA

Hello, currently using an R-Series PCIe 7852 board with LabVIEW 2010 SP1 on 64bit Windows 7.

I used to use a 6602 board and would sometimes use the RITS bus to connect the output of one counter to the input of another counter thus saving myself the trouble of having to physically connect them. On the 7852R board I'd like to connect the output of one DIO line to the input of another. I can physically use a wire but wonder if there's anyway of doing it internally like on the 6602?

Thanks,
Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,063 Views)

yes, even easier than RTSI.  you dont need to consume an input line either.  you have access to the value of the output line at all times as part of the diagram of the VI.

Stu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,055 Views)

Edward,

Stu is correct. On the FPGA you have access to all of the values at the same time, so you could either wire them together or simply just read off the original line instead of looping it back to another input. You actually have much more flexibility in terms of internal routing than on a 6602 card because all of the IO goes through the FPGA, whose behavior you define.The only caveat is that if youre going to be changing this often you may want to physically wire it instead of recompiling a bitfile to connect a single line. 

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,050 Views)