LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal route DO to ctr gate cDAQ

I have cDAQ-9188 and four DIO 9402.
I organized DO signal special form. And I runed counter for measure external signal.
But I need reset counter value every time when DO rise down.

Is it posible organize Internal route of DO signal to ctr gate?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,211 Views)

Hi Artem.SPb,

You can use the internal counters on a NI cDAQ Chassis in LabVIEW by following the instructions in this article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADFC4DD8C9690232862575B70079FBD4.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,140 Views)

Impossible. I need long pause (more than one day). But ctr can generate only 107 s pause.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,131 Views)

Hi Artem.SPb,

Could you provide a little more background on what exactly you are trying to do?  I don't think I fully understand your question.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,109 Views)

Luke,
there is scheme

pulses.png

I have external device worked depend on my DO signal. I should generate pulses with different pauses. All pulses have the same duration (from 10 ms). But pauses continuously grow up.

The external device generate own signal which I should count. Buffered counter is best for it.
But also I should move counter's result to buffer and reset counter at the end of DO pulse.
It can be organise with output counter, but pauses can be up to weeks (not seconds or minutes), so standard counter can't do that (107 s maximum).
So I need route my DO signal to counter as counter gate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,082 Views)

Hi Artem.SPb,

You can essentially gate your counter using a digital pause trigger.  You can find an example of how to implement this trigger in the LabVIEW example: Counter - Count Edges (Continuous Clock).vi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,060 Views)

I have some troubles with this task and start new tread

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,019 Views)