From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error drawmgr2.cpp, line 349, LabView 8.5

It's now quite impossible to modify my diagram. Very often, I got this error.
I've disabled most of diagram edition facilities. It's the same result each time I try to modify the diagram.
I've seen the message of Xaq asking for a report. I don't know how to obtain this window which propose to send the report.
Could you help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(5,964 Views)
First of all, does this happen with all VI's or just with one particular?

If it is one particular, the problem probably lies with the VI itself instead of the LV environment.
Have you tried copying the block diagram from the (possibly) corrupt VI to a new VI? Some errors are resolved after this step. Otherwise you will have to rewrite the code in a new VI.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 2 of 22
(5,957 Views)
I don't know if it's the same for all VIs. Nevertheless, I can say that this problem occurs when I play with link to FPGA call to read, write or invoke method. I change one link, save immediately (if possible), change an other one and so on. After many crash, I obtain the good diagram.
So, I suppose that it's a specific bug relative to FPGA. I'm not sure.
Do you know if there is a difference between re-writing a VI and copy the bad one in a new one ?

In anyway, thanks for your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(5,950 Views)

Hi,

This problem was reported to R&D (#4CL7UHXP) for further investigation.

Thanks for the feedback !

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

Message 4 of 22
(5,883 Views)
Thanks, but I don't know how to consult this topic 4CL7UHXP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(5,801 Views)
The CAR ID is an internal database reference used by R&D to investigate issues, you can check the status of these on the bug fix pages for releases of LabVIEW (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6448). You can also contact NI Support to check on the status of an issue here.  Cheers!
Message 6 of 22
(5,244 Views)
I got this error when right-clicking on a lvlib file in the project window.
When LabVIEW came back and I choose to recover files I got a windows message stating the MXS offline server was terminated.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,935 Views)
I got this error (Internal Error drawmgr2.cpp), together with a message the LabView would shut down and I would loose all unsaved changes.

It turns out that I had some "XY graph"s in my project, displaying up to 30 plots each. I have changed plot name and colour for all plots. The solution was to disable the property "Auto size to plot names". Now all is fuctioning on my project. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,714 Views)
Hi,

I am experiencing this error as well, when I am using the FPGA blocks at the RT level.  I have already copied everything on a new VI, but the error persists. As someone mentioned before, it´s quite impossible to work with this bug. I have Labview 8.5.1.

Moreover, I am wondering if National would make available the address and API so I could access the FPGA functions (read, write variables and read/start a DMA FIFO) through a C code done for VxWorks.  That for sure would make things easier.

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,563 Views)

I am getting this error reproducably, with LV 8.5.1.  It happens when I try to wire to a shared variable I have created in the project. 

I have tried to copy/paste the code to a new vi in my project, I still get the crash every time I try to wire the error cluster of one shared variable to another shared variable.  It seems I cannot edit my diagram, which is a really bad thing.

What can I do about this?

Message Edited by david_jenkinson on 09-19-2008 04:52 PM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,344 Views)