LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing with firewire camera that is not IIDC/DCAM-compliant

Hello folks,

I have a Retiga 2000R, a firewire camera which, as it turns out, is not IIDC/DCAM compliant, which makes it unrecognizable in MAX and thus unable to be relatively simply interfaced with via LabView.  I am already aware of the SITK toolkit for LV, which is for this purpose, but it is rather expensive, especially since it has a whole suite of functions I will never use or do not apply.

My question to you folks is this: how do I go about talking to this camera using LabView?

Cheers,

zob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,183 Views)

Can you get access to documentation for any of the camera's Driver DLL's from the camera manufacturer?

Most cameras have a relatively straightforward API designed to work with programming languages other than LabVIEW.  Getting at those functions in the DLL can be a bit of a pain with LabVIEW but it is doable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,182 Views)

Thanks for the reply - I will look into that and see if I can get ahold of some documentation and report back.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,179 Views)

There is indeed an SDK and specifically documentation for the API available from the manufacturer.  Thank you for the direction - I'll probably post back here should (that is when, haha) a question arises.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,170 Views)