LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing AEWin with Labview

Hi everyone,

I am trying to interface AEWIn with Labview. Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

I have three AE sensors feeding a PCI-2 card via a pre amp. I am using AEwin to collect hit based data but I would like to take short period samples of raw data at predefined intervals. I am having difficulty making Labview recognise the PCI-2 A/D card.I have seen a brief mention of this here and there but nothing more useful.

If anyone has any pointers on how might be able to do this I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,150 Views)

I have some experience with AEWin.  Just to be clear: are you trying to communicate directly with AEWin using DDE or some other means... or are you trying to access the PCI card by using the PacPci2.dll?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,138 Views)

Great. I'm not sure which method is best but the aim is to collect hit based data through AEWin and use another means to collect waveform data at 15 min. intervals, calculate the RMS and plot as a function of time. I haven't tries either method yet.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,125 Views)

hi everone,

i am Uing AEwin Software to collect the acoustic emission data. but the problem is it is saving the data as a hit driven one, only the hit data is saving. but i want to save the data as a continuous from for 2-3 secs and want to do some signal processing techniques on that signal using matlab. but with AE win software i am not getting continuous signals. please help me if there are methods to solve the issue. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,055 Views)

Did you ever come up with a solution here?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,020 Views)
hello Did you ever come up with a solution here? many thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,993 Views)
hello Did you ever come up with a solution here? many thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,991 Views)

Hi Henry,

It would be worth opening a new thread if you are having a similar issue.  It looks as though the original posters are no longer monitoring this discussion.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,970 Views)

Hi buddy,

I think the answer of your Q is to check the setting in the waveform streaming if u are using PCI-2, I Have the same problem with AE Win, but Im using the USB Node, I read all the user manual and i didnt get the solution for this problem,,,plz let us know if you get the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,884 Views)