LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with SPI bus.

I recently aquired an UP Board, it is a Raspberry Pi form factor x86 based SBC. As such it includes the standard 40pin GPIO. I have installed Windows 10 and LabVIEW 2015 and want to be able to interface with the GPIO through labview.  I have an AD/DA board that communicates over SPI and I am wondering how to go about communicating with it. Is this the right path? I could find information about implementing SPI on NI FPGA and other devices, but since this board already implements SPI I wasn't sure if that would be helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,952 Views)

Unfortunatly, the SPI Digital Waveform Reference Library won't work with this device. That library is for use with NI digital I/O devices and you won't be able to communicate to your GPIO pins through this method. There are not any native NI drivers available that would allow you to interface with your SPI device using the UP board. If you had a DLL that communicates with the GPIO pins then you could call that from LabVIEW; however you'd have to manually manage the SPI protocol. You may also want to check with the UP community to see if anyone there has developed a similar application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,900 Views)