From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface design help

Hey everyone,
I am trying to display arrays of data on a frontpanel, as well as  different plots for each one.  Is there a better method to doing so, instead of using a tab control??  What I have so far, i've attached. I am trying to improve the speed on the VI because the execution time is really slow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,290 Views)
From the limited space on a PDA screen I would say that using the tab control is by far the best method to see information. However the slowdown could be due to a number of things. The tabs themselves should not have that big of an impact on the performance. Make sure to check that you are not concatenating arrays and that you are replacing elements. There are quite a few things that could be causing the slowdown and I suggest you try to elimate coercion dots as well. Let us know exactly what you are trying to do and maybe we can help figure out how to make it more efficient. Hope this helps.

Tyler H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,253 Views)