From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface CancaseXL with Labview

i am getting error like 

VXLAPIErrorConverter.vi<ERR>
vector xl driver error 118 XL_ERR_INVALID_PORT

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
\s\s\s\s\sVXLAPIErrorConverter.vi
\s\s\s\s\sXLCanSetChannel.vi
\s\s\s\s\scancase.vi

I am using vxlapi64.dll api and i am using vectorCanalyzer7.5 and i am using Labview2017 64bit .how to clear this error.Please find below attached file

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,734 Views)

Can you Please send me one example code for interfacing of canalyzer7.5  with labview2019 64bit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,720 Views)

I tried using Vector's CANcaseXL with LabVIEW years ago.  You may want to double check the behavior and if it fits your application.  From memory, their implementation had the same value in the data until they received a new message and not a push/pop from a stack or producer/consumer behavior.  If your system never misbehaves and has repetitive messages like J1939 or NMEA2000 this may be ok.  If something stops communicating or you want to use the hardware as a generic CAN monitor, it likely will not work.  A simple indication of new data or timeout would be a nice feature in the API.  

Cheers,

JMA_eng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,698 Views)

@JMA_eng wrote:

From memory, their implementation had the same value in the data until they received a new message

No, this is incorrect. See examples of using the vxlapi.dll here: Vector XL Driver - LabVIEW wrappers

Perhaps you are thinking of some other hardware or even maybe the dreadful and defunct LabVIEW driver supplied by Vector for their hardware which was almost completely useless.

The explanation provided in the XL Driver Library API documentation for error 118 XL_ERR_INVALID_PORT is this:

"The driver attempted to access a port by an invalid pointer or index."

Have you defined the hardware and channel indexes correctly for your connected hardware?

Is the portHandle wired in correctly on the block diagram?  Have you tried any of the example code on the page I mentioned above?  Does that work when you select the correct hardware?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 4 of 10
(3,690 Views)

TroyK - Thank you.  You are correct, it was the horrible LabVIEW Driver supplied by Vector.

Cheers,

JMA_eng

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,679 Views)

Hi, I am getting error like 

Transmit Example.vi<ERR>
vector xl driver error 6255 XL_ERROR

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
Transmit Example.vi

in that Transmit example code.how to fix this error. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,651 Views)

Now there is no error in my Labview code when i run the code but in canalyzer tool i am getting an error like 

System Warning: Not possible to initialize one or more CAN channels.

System CAN driver: Reception overrun - messages are lost.

how to solve this please help me

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,659 Views)

And also i am getting error in canalyzer tool like Write Queue lost messages.please see the capture attached file

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,656 Views)

I've never used CANalyzer.  It is a Vector product, nothing to do with LabVIEW.  You may have better luck asking someone there to help you solve problems with their product.

For the error message "Not possible to initialize one or more CAN channels":

If you start your LabVIEW code first it will open the port with "init access"(ability to set the baud rate etc.).  Only one application can have init access.

If you can't ignore the message in CANalyzer then you will either have to:

1) Start CANalyzer first and NOT try to configure the port in LabVIEW (just trust that the app that has init access configured it properly) or

2) Use a separate CAN port on the same bus for each application.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,641 Views)

Can someone save and post these vis in 2011 for me please?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(614 Views)