cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Block Diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

HI

I am developing an interface for my application and my application stucks in a while loop for ever.

1)My program runs fine if I use one Tab control. 

2) As I put the second tab control it stucks in loop.

I have to toggle between different pages of tabcontrol using buttons.

Regards

Malik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,703 Views)
You are having problems because you are using 2 event structures - you should only include 1 in each VI. Every event structure registers for events that could occur, so when an event does trigger both structures will attempt to handle it, causing one to lock up as you are experiencing.
(2,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arrowminds

yenknip wrote:
You are having problems because you are using 2 event structures - you should only include 1 in each VI. .

I disagree. You can use as many event structures as you like. Your problem is that they are in the same loop. if you put one, in another loop everything will be fine.

Message 3 of 6
(2,673 Views)
I agree with Pnt, and so does (at least one) someone at NI.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,664 Views)
It is pretty simple logic if you think about it. There really would be zero reason to put more than one event structure in a single loop anyways because you can add every event that needs to be checked for, as the loop iterates, into that single event structure.

Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 03-06-2009 08:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,655 Views)

"jcarmody" <x@no.email> wrote in message
news:1236350407835-866032@exchange.ni.com...
> I agree with Pnt, and so does (at least one)&nbsp;<a
href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvhowto/twoevntstrc
tonelp/" target="_blank">someone at NI</a>.

That is why the put it in the help...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,626 Views)