LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact with an activeX Object from a Subvi in another Subvi using References

Hello everybody,

I tried this  today  but i can´ figure what kind of references i need for that.

I tried the example from

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Nugget-Using-control-references/m-p/570756

it worked fine with Numeric controls and everything but when i wanted to try it with an activex Object ist not working for me. I also tried it with strict References and my Container in the subvi is still empty.

In General i want to achieve that because i have 3 Motors using activeX to control them. The Activex Container gives me an Interface to control the Parameters from each Motor. I connect to the Motors in Motor.ini and then write the refnum from the activex Container in a Cluster and this Cluster to a FGV_Settings.vi this vi goes to my Settings_popup.vi where i want to open the same activex Container and edit it like it works in my Motor.ini

Can someone make an example like in the link above for an activex Container for me?

i tried to figure it out by myself the whole day and now i desperatly adk  for help here 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,222 Views)

If I understood you correctly, you have three activeX containers in a cluster and you want to save/restore the set-up form them to/from disk...

I would be surprised if that could be made to work.

if you read on in that thread some alternatives approaches where offered including one from MGI (Moore Good Ideas). The MGI approach has been maintained over the years since then. If their version does not work then that example I shared will most likely not work.

Other ideas...

Modern versions of LV have added functions to the variant palette. Those may get you somewhere, but I am still skeptical.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,208 Views)

that would be awesome but i would be totally satisfied if i can store up the three containers in a Cluster to a functional global variabel and than read this FGV in another subvi and restore the Settings from the three Containers there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)

IF it can be done...

Try looking to this very old post by bottzman teaching us how to embed a CW-3D graph ( it ran in a activeX container) in a power point presentation.

IF it can be done...

It may have some common attributes.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,190 Views)