From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration LVM file

Hi, sorry if my english is not the best

I need to process this signal, but one of the processing steps is to integrated it (as if I had an op amp in integrator mode), if I put the integral block directly it would show me a linear function.

Can you help me to check, why am I wrong?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(926 Views)

Hi Emilio,

@EmilioHd wrote:

I need to process this signal, but one of the processing steps is to integrated it (as if I had an op amp in integrator mode), if I put the integral block directly it would show me a linear function.

Can you help me to check, why am I wrong?

You are wrong in two ways:

1. By attaching just images we cannot run/edit/debug your VI. How can we help you when you don't supply your code?
  2. Your signal values only fluctuate between 20 and 21: which kind of signal other than an (nearly linear) steadily increasing line do you expect?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(886 Views)

Hi all, actually I upload the signal file into a txt file by using matlab, i dont know if it would help.

Actually this is the flow signal of an spirometer, but the theory sais that if i want to have the volume signal i need to integrated it and then find the min and max values, it would integrate the signal, but it appears to be linear, i dont know if i am doing something wrong.

It needs to appear similiar to the orignal signal,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(866 Views)

Hi Emilio,

@EmilioHd wrote:

Actually this is the flow signal of an spirometer, but the theory sais that if i want to have the volume signal i need to integrated it and then find the min and max values, it would integrate the signal, but it appears to be linear, i dont know if i am doing something wrong.

Your signal has a small range (max-min) of just ~1.0, while it has a huge offset of ~20.5.

What happens when you integrate such a signal? (What did you learn at school about the math integration operation?)

What happens when you subtract the mean of the signal before integration?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(861 Views)