From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating custom PCIe hardware with LabView

Hi, I am new to LabView so appologize if question is in the wrong place.

I have a custom PCIe acquisition card that I want to use in LabView environment to postprocess some data. So far the board has been used successfully with its windows drivers and VS.NET software. What is the process for setting up a device like that in LabView? Can LabView use the COM object windows driver just like a Visual Studio project would? If yes, is there a document that explains how this is done?

I have worked with NI's own instruments where the driver is provided and seamlessly integrates into the LabView, but I am a bit lost with this custom non NI board.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,506 Views)

Depending on the card that you're using we may have a driver already written for it. 

Have you tried searching IDNet? http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/idnet.htm

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,488 Views)

Thanks. I tried searching that site for examples... but this is a board that our company has developed (software defined radio) and I am certain no one has written any drivers for it yet. Thats the problem statement that I am trying to research. What would it take to make the board we designed compatible with LabView. Since this is a Software defined radio platform, LabView offers some useful functions that can be used to postprocess and analyze data captured by our card.

Ideal goal is to have LabView module capture data from PCIe buffer allowing for further processing (filtering, FFT, demodulation, etc...). I would appreciate if you can direct me to some examples or literature on this topic.

Thanks,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,483 Views)

If you have functions writtin in VS you could try pulling them into LabVIEW through the use of a dll. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB90714981A1F148625731E00797C33

Does that look like a viable option for you? 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,471 Views)