From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Google Maps Streetview in LabVIEW

Hello,

Can Google Streetview be integrated and viewed in a LabVIEW VI? I have location coordinates along with heading information and was wondering if I could use LabVIEW to depict that together in a VI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,768 Views)

Thanks. I came across this code, but this shows the sky view (view from the top) plot. I was wondering if streetview can be added to the VI based on heading information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,731 Views)

Okay, I read the requirement for Google Streetview API and so far, there is no such thing as a Static Streetview API (similar to Static Map API that is out there) as of now.

Streetview is based on Adobe Flash and LabVIEW can integrate flash through ActiveX.

I came across this simple example at: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/examples/streetview-simple.html and the source code behind it is attached.

Now, I can create similar code using LabVIEW (with begin/end tag etc). But, I am not sure how I can really integrate that code to get a webpage address that could be embedded in FrontPanel ActiveX control.

Comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,689 Views)

Hello,

I found out a way to make this work (till some form of static streetview API is available). The source html file (along with the java script) can be passed as a local htm file to the URL input of the iWebBrowser2 and viola...

Once the location related parameters are specified, street view would work like a charm. Although this would return something only if Street View images exist (e.g. public places, major streets etc.)

Happy mapping!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,590 Views)

Hi 

see here map in labview

M.Garousi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,644 Views)