LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integer numeric conrtol descriptions aren't present in vi documentation

I am trying to generate vi documentation for many vi's that will be part of a source distribution.  I have carefully added descriptions to all my front panel controls, so that I can use labview's vi documentation features to automatically generate documentation.  But when I generate the reports with "include descriptions" checked, all the descriptions get added to the report except integer numerics.  How can I make the descriptions for integer numerics be included in the vi documentation?

All these conrtols have descriptions on the vi front panel, but while the double precision floating point control has its decription included, the U8's do not.  How can I change this?

Message Edited by billings11 on 11-05-2007 08:47 AM
-Devin
I got 99 problems but 8.6 ain't one.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,468 Views)
What is you LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,450 Views)

-Devin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,442 Views)
Hmmm... I can't seem to replicate your situation. Is it possible for you to post the VI. You can create a copy of it on disk and then remove the whole block diagram (save the terminals, of course), since only the controls are needed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,424 Views)
I believe it actually isn't just my U8's.  It has to do with the fact that the U8's are typedefs and teh other controls weren't.  So actually none of my type defs have their descriptions going into the vi documentation.
-Devin
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,407 Views)
Ah, a typedef. I can definitely confirm it's not picking up the description. I did a search in the forums but did not come up with any hits indicating this as a bug. I also checked the list of bugs fixed in 8.2.1 and saw no mention of this. That's not to say it's not a bug. It certainly looks like one. Someone with 8.5 can check to see if the same thing happens there.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,400 Views)
This was reported to R&D (4F6C651W) for further investigation, sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,371 Views)
HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
-Devin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,354 Views)