LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument I/O Assistant not seeing my NI hardware

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an NI 9178 cRIO chassis with 5 modules in it. Windows 7 Device Mgr sees it just fine ("this device is working"). MAX sees it just fine and the test panels there read data just fine.

But when I open up the Instrument IO Assistant and try to select an instrument nothing shows up (the list is blank). If I hit "Refresh", it remains blank.

Everything seems up to date. Using LV 2017, VISA 17.0, DAQmx MAX Configuration 17.0, DAQ Device Driver 17.0, not using GPIB/NI-488.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paul_bridges

Instrument I/O Assistant isn't meant for talking to cRIO devices.  It is for "instruments", basically 3rd party devices that have a communication protocol that is serial, or possibly USB, or GPIB.

You need to create a cRIO project and had a cRIO chassis to that project.  Look in the Example Finder for examples.

Message 2 of 4
(2,254 Views)

It must have been late. 🙂

Clear that is the case and I had simply confused it with the DAQ Assistant.

That leads to another question... how do I delete this dumb question from the forum?Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,218 Views)

You can't.  But that's okay.  There is a chance someone else will have the same question and when they search for the answer, they'll find this thread and get the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,214 Views)