LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument I/O Assistant blank

I have been having problems getting a code to work. So, I purchased LabVIEW for Everyone (a book) to see if I could figure out how to get the code to run right.  (here is a link to that thread )

I just redownloaded and installed NI-Visa. The book says to use Instrument I/O Assistant to configure a device (PmodsGPS in my case). When I insert the assistant, I get the a gray blank screen. (see below) what does this mean? Why do I not see any options to configure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,358 Views)
I don't know why the assistant is blank but using it will just increase the overhead. You already have better code. I also have no idea why the book would recommend it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,332 Views)

Thanks Dennis.

I believe the book recomends it to avoid having to use the write functions and PMTK code. It basically says to use it to make life simpler. This is a beginners book and it really doesn't get into Visa functions very much. I was hoping it would dive a little futher into them. 

I still don't know why you had me close one string and then open another config file only have insert another write function. I know I'm lost, but I was hoping this might shed some light on the whole situation...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,310 Views)