cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Driver DP832

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am Pragathi Devaraja working for Panasonic. I am new to all this instruments drivers and LabVIEW so seeking for an help from this forum. We are using instruments RIGOL DP832 and TDK Lambda Gen10-1000 and hence want to install instrument drivers of same. But I am unable to see these series instrument drivers in LabVIEW to install. In this case could you please let me know what should i do to install these drivers?

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Pragathi Devaraja

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,967 Views)

Could anyone please tell me solution for my problem?

I tried using DP1XXX driver for instrument DP800 but facing error. Details of error is posted below. Please look into this and let me know what could be the problem?

Error:

Fehler -1073807339 bei VISA: Lesen in RIGOL DP1000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Unbenannt 1

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout ist vor Vervollständigung der Operation abgelaufen.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pragathi09

I think you are really mixing up the things here. In your first post you wrote about you want to get driver for a Rigol DP832 model. In your second post you say you installed a driver for Rigol models DP1XXX. You see the issue here? Just a guessing, but the driver for models 1XXX might not function with the model DP832.

Other hints: you should also check your cabling, whether it is properly done?

Here I have also found a community driver: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Rigol-DP832A-Instrument-Driver/ta-p/3512811

Or you can try to use the IVI drivers from the official website: https://www.rigolna.com/products/dc-power-loads/dp800/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,908 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I was searching for instrument driver of DP800 but did not find hence tried with DP1XXX driver which seems to be incorrect. Now i will install DP800 driver.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pragathi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,906 Views)

Hi Pragathi,

• Download the RIGOL_DP800_Series.zipfrom https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/Rigol-DP832A-Instrument-Driver/ta-p/3512811
  • Unzip it & place the folder "RIGOL DP800 Series" inside your LabVIEW INSTR LIB folder (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib)
  • Mass Compile the folder "RIGOL DP800 Series", if required; meaning, if your LV version is 2014 or later (because the driver was done with LV2013) by selecting it (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\instr.lib\RIGOL DP800 Series) through Tools >> Advanced >> Mass Compile), and you are done!
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,653 Views)

The example has one issue when using with german language. A %.; is needed in "Format into string" to get a decimal point. Moreover, the channel line is connected to the wrong input in the "configure Output" at the end.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,916 Views)