From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant sound when user enters data

I did that, thanks. I just thought I'd let you know something was up with the snippet.  I got it working, sort of. I want to make the sound each time a key is clicked on the keyboard. 500 millisecond timeout seems long for a key stroke. Even set to 100 mSec is still too long of a delay for a keyboard feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,115 Views)

Can anyone else reproduce the error.  The snip was taken with the CCT.  If reproducible,. LAVA needs a ping. Thanks

Again that is only proof of concept code the event I would trigger on in your application would be the value change event of any button that you want the beep to come out with

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,105 Views)

unfortunately ....yes Smiley Embarassed

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,095 Views)

You can configure the Beep.vi to not be an Alert by setting that input false.

See if you can open this snippet:

Key Click_BD.pngI think it sounds a bit like an old typewriter (play with the settings).

steve

P.S. Jeff - I got the same error opening your LV: 14.0 Snippet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,085 Views)

@stevem181, yes I can load your snippet.  Apparently something wrong with snippet from @Jeff·Þ·Bohrer.

@Bob_Schor also suggested the Beep.vi. It is certainly much quicker with very little noticeable delay. It behaves oddly though. Indeed, I tried it, even tried your snippet.  When I turn off the 'use system alert?' it seems to work sometimes and other times, not (sound vs no sound)... keeping the freq and duration consistant (not changing it between tests). The help for beep says "This might not work correctly if 'use system alert?' is turned off"

2016-11-02 LV Beep Help.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,072 Views)

I noticed the Beep help warning when I was playing around with it.

On my system it was flakey when I set the duration to 1 msec.

So I was thought the warning might be an issue with certain settings.

It's a strange warning. NI seems to know of an problem but does not give any details.

Looking back - in LabVIEW 2010 there was no warning - by 2012 there was.

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,055 Views)