Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing and Using Japanese and Simplified Chinese Languages on an RT Target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody. I do not find the System Settings Tab which is referred to here:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374714d.html

Is this a Settings tab in NiMax or in Labview or somewhere in the settings of LinuxRT on the RT-Target?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,999 Views)

It mentions:

Use the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard in NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI MAX) to install the Language Support for Japanese or Language Support for Simplified Chinese software component on the RT target. Refer to the Measurement & Automation Explorer Help for information about the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard.

So

+ in NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI MAX)

+ Use the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard

+ to install the Language Support for Japanese or Language Support for Simplified Chinese software component on the RT target

+ Refer to the Measurement & Automation Explorer Help for information about the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,945 Views)

Hi. This is not my problem. I have done this and it is explained in the manuals. In the ni-rt.ini on the RT-Target it shows thaa the chines and jaoanes codepages are supported, but I cannot change the locale in Ni-Max because it is not selectable.

Volker64_0-1588864620834.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,918 Views)

@Volker64 wrote:

Hi. This is not my problem. I have done this and it is explained in the manuals. 

Ah, that was what it looked like:

@Volker64 wrote:

I do not find the System Settings Tab which is referred to here:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,914 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Volker64

I found the reason for the languages setting being deactivated. If the Embedded UI is selected, only englisch is possible.

Nevertheless my intention was to use Japanese with an embedded UI, so the question is answered, but it does not solve my issue with multibyte characters in an embedded UI on a RT-Target.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,890 Views)