From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Multiple Xilinx Compilers

I am having some problems with Xilinx IP and Xilinx tools installed. Specifically, some example use older versions of the Xilinx IP, if I want to modify them, I get an error saying I need Xilinx x.x tools installed. Well I go to the NI site download the x.x tools and install. (On the add remove programs the new tools show up in NIs software, so I believe they installed correctly.)

After installation I still get the same error stating that I need Xilinx x.x tools installed. What am I missing here?

Thanks

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,790 Views)

mcduff, which specific examples are you looking at?  Also, what Xilinx tools version are you downloading and installing?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,726 Views)

On my system, LabVIEW 2015 SP1 I installed Vivado 2014.4 tools and Xilinx ISE 14.7 tools, I can see this through the Add/Install programs feature.

I am looking at the example http://www.ni.com/example/31525/en/

If I try to configure any of the Xilinx IP it gives an error message and says I need the Xilinx 14.7 Compilation tool. Did I install the wrong one?

Thanks

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,722 Views)

looks like you have the Xilinx tools installed.  I am wondering if it could be due to you having both Vivado and Xilinx that it is having issues/getting confused.  Do you need both due to the hardware you are compiling for?  Might be worth uninstalling the one you don't need if that's an option.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,701 Views)

Ideally, what I would like to do is modify some of the examples that include Xilinx IP nodes. Unfortunately, different version do not map 1 to 1. I guess I need to figure out how out how to use the new versions.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,692 Views)