From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Mosquitto on CRIO-9040

Has anyone been able to install Eclipse Mosquitto (the MQTT broker) on NI Linux RT v23?  Nothing MQTT related shows up in the default feeds listed in NI's opkg config. I found an ipk for an older version of mosquitto, x64 architecture, built for openwrt, but install failed immediately due to a generic libc dependency error. I wonder if anyone here has been successful in finding working package or perhaps building it from scratch? I realize there are a couple of open source MQTT broker alternatives written in LabVIEW, but Mosquitto is very actively developed, mature, stable and fully supports all of the current MQTT v5 specs; it's much more ready for production deployment than the LabVIEW versions. If anyone has another recommended brokers that work on newer cRIO's (preferably FOS), I am open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(648 Views)

Did you find a solution to this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(241 Views)

No, I couldn't figure out how to point the cRIO to other public package repositories and I'm not enough of a hardcore linux user to figure out how to build mosquitto from source. I played around with a python broker running on the cRIO for a while, but I really didn't trust it for production so I ended up running mosquitto on a different (windows) PC on the same LAN. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(212 Views)

I do the same thing. just wondering if someone had a standalone solution without another pc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(191 Views)