LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Labview keep failing

Hi guys!

It's not my day todaySmiley Sad

I installed LV2011 and wanted to check if everything was OK after installation. it was not. When I connected my DAQmx USB-6225 M-series I saw it was installing the driver and I got a message it was OK. I also checked in computer management and it was OK there. then I tried to open MAX and I got an errormessage that there was a problem with the MAX database. When I tried to see the status for my DAQ I got another errormessage that told me to go ni.com. There they said that the nimxs.exe file had to be closed and the service needed to be restarted. So I did, but still errormessage and no connection with my DAQmx.

I repaired the MAX and the DAQmx 9.x.x.x something, but still error. I did not want to wait 5 hours for the modules to be uninstalled so I deleted everything myself, which was done in 10 mins. I did a cleanup of the register and I stopped all the services befor the deleting of LV.

Now I wanted to install LV again and the device drivers, but the installation was done in only a few seconds and nothing was installed, even dough it said so in the installation window. I tried to change the installation folders, but it did not install anything.

I've had LV2009, LV2010 and now LV2011 and I have installed it the same way as always, but now nothing works. I've got the base development license and also the app builder.

Which registersetting can I delete so National Instruments let me completely install my software again? I'm trying to install from DVD's I recived from NI in my mail. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,223 Views)

I actualy had to install LV2010 and then LV2011. Now I only hope the MAX will recognize my DAQmx again

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,211 Views)

MAX did not install, LV2011 did not install. LV2010 was partially installed. My whole system is damaged and we really need to get LV working again asap. Do I really have to reinstall Windows in order to clean my register? Or does NI have any solution for this?

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,202 Views)

With botched installations your best bet is to try to use something like Revo Uninstaller (Google it) and then MSI Blast (search the forums as this has been posted before). This usually clears out all NI stuff so you would not need to resort to reinstalling the entire OS. Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
(2,193 Views)

Thank youSmiley Happy I'll try that out

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,187 Views)