LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer does not create directories/files in APPDATA directory

I have an installer that installs the application into the Program Files directory, and additionally, is supposed to create application files and a directory structure in the Public App Data (%APPDATA%) directory of the Windows installation. In the LV Build Specification, I have created the appropriate destinations, moved the project specific files to those destinations in the Source File section, and tried combinations of the source file properties. When I run the installer, the application installs into Program Files correctly, however, nothing is created in %APPDATA%. I have even marked these files as vital to the installation, in order to stop, if there's a problem. No problem was indicated during the installation. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,697 Views)

Hi Jlgeris,

I build a little istaller and told the installer to put something in the appdata directory as you can see in the attached files. After  installing it, I found the file in the right directory.

Did you do this in the same way?

regards

Tobias

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,681 Views)

I know this is an old post, but if anybody else is trying to do this. I found that you can do it by adding a MSI property in the destinations section of the Installer Build Specification.

You can find more here:

http://lavag.org/topic/18278-what-does-the-add-property-button-do-in-the-installer-build-specificati...

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 3 of 3
(3,193 Views)