LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer I created in VLM has no product options to select

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create an installer for our group with VLM.  

The LabVIEW2017 installer works and has options.

The LabVIEW NXG 1.0 installer shows no options.  I select Install as shown in the attached picture.  Yet it does not seem to stick.  With nothing selected the Next button is not activated.  

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution?

VLM Installer Issue.jpg

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark_L

Hello Mark,

The following forum post explains that LabVIEW NXG 1.0 can be installed via volume license installer but it requires physical media.

NXG and VLM

From <http://forums.ni.com/t5/Volume-License-Manager-and/NXG-and-VLM/m-p/3638513#M511>

LabVIEW NXG is in  it's infancy, it is currently only suited for a handful of applications. Have you looked over the following page to determine if it is a suitable tool for all your users?

Introducing LabVIEW NXG 1.0

From <http://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/labview-nxg.html?cid=Paid_Search-70131000001lvZhAAI-United_Stat...>

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,564 Views)

We are not planning on officially using NXG for our code until more features are officially supported.  I want our team to become familiar with NXG so that they will be up-to-speed when they do become available.  

So for now we will just use NI Package Manager to install. 

Installing from the VLM was just a way to make it easy to install licences.  

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,554 Views)

That sounds like the right work around for now.

Mark_L wrote:  

So for now we will just use NI Package Manager to install. 

NIPM Is also in its infancy and the integration to VLM may be unsupported as of the current progress along the roadmap.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)