From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Device Driver issues

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to build an installer for an application it tells me that "Some installers you selected for this build are not available on this computer" Specifically the "NI Device Drivers - May 2017, Media 2". The driver it is looking for in particular is NI-488.2 Runtime 17.0. I thought to fix this I could download the May Device Drivers from this link. http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-may-2017/6686/en/ and direct it to that folder.

When I do it says

"Media Requested: NI Device Drivers - May 2017, Media 2

Media Provided: NI Device Drivers - May 2017"

Where can I find NI Device Drivers - May 2017, Media 2?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DLaBorn

How did you originally install the LabVIEW and drivers? I would think since moving from DVDs to USB sticks there would not be any "media 2" anymore. If you have the original install media, that should fix your problem.

Will it let you install the 2017.05 Device Drivers on your computer, or say there is nothing to upgrade? If it lets you, I would do that. 

If it doesn't, I would find a fresh computer (or create a virtual machine) and install LabVIEW along with these device drivers and anything else you need to open your project. (Sometimes uninstalling NI components causes things not to work anymore, and I don't want you to break your main installation).

Message 2 of 4
(3,591 Views)

I installed the 2017.05 Device Drivers on the computer and that fixed the issue entirely. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,548 Views)

I want to add a comment on this in case someone else having the same issue comes across this thread: It might be needed to do a "forced re-installation" of  NI Device Drivers 2017.05. Basically you have to use the command-line parameter /reinstall to do so. Find more information on this topic in this guide: Force Reinstall Non-Working or Corrupt NI Software

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,413 Views)