LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Build always unsuccessful

I have been attempting to write an installer using the application builder.  The Installer software runs to completion (I go through the steps of loading the driver disks, etc.), but the build is always unsuccessful.  I have had this problem ever since I installed Labview 8.2 on a separate computer staring 6 months ago.  Originally, I had 8.2 installed on a laptop which has since been uninstalled, but those builds worked.  I recently updated to 8.2.1 and hoped that installing the new software would fix the problem.  It didn't.

I would very much like to know what is wrong.  It appears that it is looking for a nonexistant file from a previous build that I made on the old computer.  Is this error a result of caching the driver information and how do I fix it?

Here is the list of the possible errors:

CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi >> CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> CDK_Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDist_Build.vi

Loading product deployment information
Adding files to installer
Done adding files
Preparing to build deployment
Copying products from distributions
Copying distribution 'ZetaSpin.1.2' from: C:\ZetaSpin\builds\ZetaSpin.1.2\ZetaSpin.1.2 Installer\volume\ to: C:\ZetaSpin\Builds\ZetaSpin.1.2.1\ZetaSpin.1.2.1 Installer\
Copying distribution 'NI LabVIEW 8.2.1' from: E:\ to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ProductCache\
Copying distribution 'National Instruments Device Drivers - February 2007, Disk 1' from: E:\ to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ProductCache\
Copying distribution 'National Instruments Device Drivers - February 2007, Disk 2' from: E:\ to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ProductCache\
Building deployment
Copying setup files
Setting merged database information
Setting product information
Setting developer part information
Starting final build
Validating...
Copying files...

*** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
Could not copy files (source = "C:\ZetaSpin\builds\ZetaSpin.1.2\ZetaSpin.1.2 Installer\volume\bin\p32\LVBrokerAux1071\LVBrokerAux1071Deu.mst"; destination = "C:\ZetaSpin\Builds\ZetaSpin.1.2.1\ZetaSpin.1.2.1 Installer\Volume\bin\p40\LVBrokerAux1071"; new name = "(null)")
The system cannot find the file specified.

*** End Error Report

*** Error: An internal tool or library returned an error. (Error code -21)
Error Messages
Could not copy file LVBrokerAux1071Deu.mst to output path C:\ZetaSpin\Builds\ZetaSpin.1.2.1\ZetaSpin.1.2.1 Installer\Volume\bin\p40\LVBrokerAux1071 for part 'LVBrokerAux1071.msi' in product 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\MDF\Manifests\NI LVBrokerAux1071 {221861B8-D133-4377-803D-F005EB2B733C}.xml'. Error Code: -12

*** End Error Report

Done building deployment

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,464 Views)
Hello,

You have to tell more about the steps you take and the software you're using. Maybe screenshots of the installer build configuration and the place you find the error messages.

Regards,

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,439 Views)