LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed latest Runtime engine but still getting the error that it isn't present

It is still asking for the 2013 runtime engine but i just installed it twice on the same laptop and restarted both times. Have I missed something? I am trying to run an application exe i created. My older (2012) executables on this PC still work fine, the latest one is the only having issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,916 Views)

Did you build an installer for your application?  That installer should have the required Runtime Engine included.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,898 Views)

I built an exe for it only. That hasn't caused me any problems in the past have things changed for 2013?  I can give it a shot though. Is it automatically included in the build or do i need to select something specific.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,891 Views)

It is selected by default.  You really should be making these installers anyways just to make sure things go where they are supposed to and you have all of your needed drivers, runtime engine, etc.

Another stupid thought before you go through too much trouble, try rebooting the computer.  Somethimes the RTE doesn't like to work until the system is rebooted.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,882 Views)

Things haven't changed however, there is a patch that you really really want if you want the exe to work right under some conditions.

run the update service apply patches and rebuild the exe  Current is 2013 sp1 f2 for both the devlopment enviornment and the RTE

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,872 Views)
Also make sure that the runtime engine has the correct bitness. It needs to match the development version.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,858 Views)