LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue: Error codes -12 and 23

I have a Professional Version of Labview 2010 and I have installed it without any problems on another computer. I am trying to install this copy on another computer--which I've been told is perfectly fine to do--and it is giving me error codes -12 and 23, stopping the installation. I have attached a screenshot. Inserting the disc did not prompt anything, so I've been trying to install Labview by manually clicking on the setup.exe file once I open up the 😧 file. I tried going through Distributions-->Labview-->setup.exe, but that gave me a "National Instruments has encountered an error..." message and stopped the installation.

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,105 Views)

Hi calico_cat,

I have a few questions for you regarding this issue.  What operating system are you trying to install LabVIEW on?  What operating system does the computer with the successful install have? Can you verify that you have administrator privileges on the computer?  How far, if at all, does the installer progress before throwing this error?  If you go into your Add or Remove Programs, do you have any National Instruments Software downloaded to the computer?  If so, please remove all of these files before you try to install LabVIEW again.  Once we get answers to these questions, we should be able to help you further.  Thanks!

Kim W.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,089 Views)

Hello, I just happened to find a workaround this issue. I successfully installed Labview and its device drivers from the NI site and used my serial number to activate the products. I think the DVDs may have somehow gotten corrupted.

Both computers have Windows XP and neither had previous Labview installations. I have admin privileges on both computers. The installer did not begin the real installation. It threw out the errors as soon as the progress bar appeared.

Thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,087 Views)