From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation does not show sub-components

I'm having trouble with missing components and need to modify the installed sub-components. Unfortunately when I run either the FPGA module installation disc, or use 'change/remove software -> modify components' in MAX, I cannot expand the menu, but just have 'FPGA module' and 'NI-RIO' as the only two components, neither of which have any sub-components. I have tried removing the FPGA module to reinstall, but this has not changed. I've also tried a NI-MAX reset configuration with no effect.

I've noticed I have the same behaviour with the Labview 2010 SP1 install disc now - no components or subcomponents are visible.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,172 Views)

So I found that the missing parts I needed were the Xilinx Compile toolset, which I have installed (v.11.5 as required by LV FPGA 2010 SP1), but I'm still getting errors trying to compile:

ERROR:TclTasksC:project_028: Unknown property value "spartan6" specified for "PROP_DevFamily"
    while executing
"project set family spartan6"
    (file "C:\NIFPGA\jobs\r41egX9_XI64xG6\synthesize.tcl" line 5)

I can only find one reference to this error before in this forum thread, http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FPGA-2010-Compilation-error-TclTasklC-project-028-Unknown/m-p/175048... but the only solution was to update to 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,119 Views)

Hi,

What target are you compiling for?

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,075 Views)

Hi,

It looks like the OP has posted in another forum with more details now:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Prop-DevFamily-quot-Spartan6-quot-not-recognised-by-Xilinx-11-5/m-p/...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,063 Views)