From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation NI CompactRIO-9030

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you.

I attached VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,250 Views)

Hi Asgar,

use TDMS file functions when you want to save a TDMS file!

What did you try so far?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,246 Views)

Thanks. I am not in that step. I have created a new RT project and after compiler FPGA vi it works and I can run the host VI which can see the plot of data but I don't know how to save this data after showing in the plot. Smiley Mad

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,243 Views)

Hi Asgar,

I don't know how to save this data after showing in the plot.

I repeat again: use file functions to save data to files!

As you asked for TDMS files: use TDMS file functions!

When you don't know how to use them: study the examples coming with LabVIEW!

Which of these steps do you have problems with?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,239 Views)

Thank you. I have error 61072 based on the attached files. I am using the hard driver memory for save the data, I think this error related to memory, is this true?Smiley Surprised

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,220 Views)

Hi Asgar,

I am using the hard driver memory for save the data, I think this error related to memory, is this true?

The error message is quite clear: don't fiddle with FIFO length!

Define the FIFO length once in the FPGA part of the project, then don't even try to change it dynamically later on! (Not unless you are REALLY sure what you are doing then!)

How is this error related to your problem of trying to write a data file?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,216 Views)

Thank you. I am trying to get data from the waveform graph but I don't know how to do that. You said before that RIO doesn't have access to your PC's hard drive. It can only save files on its own drive! by then, I don't have SD card in my cRIO 9030, where the file should be saved? I can see the data in DIAdem View. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,211 Views)

Hi Asgar,

I am trying to get data from the waveform graph but I don't know how to do that.

THINK DATAFLOW: you want to save the data that is also plotted in the graph. Even these small semantic differences are important when you program this in LabVIEW!

Use file functions to save data to files! Did you examine the example VIs coming with LabVIEW?

I don't have SD card in my cRIO 9030, where the file should be saved?

The cRIO has it's own internal storage - or where do you think is the cRIO OS and your program stored? Usually cRIOs have a C: drive internally…

I can see the data in DIAdem View.

I don't know that "DIAdem View" tool, so how did you get the data from your cRIO to your PC running DIAdemView?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,202 Views)

Thank you.

Did you examine the example VIs coming with LabVIEW? 

Not yet!

where do you think is the cRIO OS and your program stored?

Maybe drive C

did you get the data from your cRIO to your PC running DIAdemView?

File attached.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,198 Views)

Hi Asgar,

Not yet!

Well, this should be one of the first steps when trying to learn new things in LabVIEW.

You want to learn those things, don't you?

File attached.

So you used a feature only available in the LabVIEW IDE, but not programmatically. Once your cRIO runs headless (what it is made for!) you will not even see the frontpanel of your VI!

Learn how to use file functions. Learn how to setup cRIO projects. Learn how to transfer data from cRIO RT to Win-PC. All those things are explained in example VIs, LabVIEW help, example projects, AppNotes on NIs website…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,193 Views)