LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of NI Developer Suite 2010 hangs at inserting DVD 2

It's a large company PC, with a IT deparment making sure we get all updates.

We are runing Windows XP SP3.

I have a installed 2009 on this pc with no problemes at all.

I have also installed NI TestStand 2010 with no problem, but that is only one DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(519 Views)

That makes me think then it is something wrong with the discs themselves. There is no other reason that you should not be able to just run through these discs. I would recommend getting new discs from your sales person.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(511 Views)

But I am able to install from all 3 disc, but NOT by going from  DVD1 -> DVD3.

The only thing I can think of, is that something in my setup is making problems for your disc change program.

But I'll try to contact my sales person to get new discs.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(500 Views)
Well the good news is that you were at least able to install all 3 discs. The discs will install fine by themselves but not when you try to run them in succession. That's where I think something with the installer package of these specific discs is causing the problem. The only way to really know is to get a new set of discs and then try it again. If this a wide spread issue, a lot more people would be having the same problem, which is why I think it is just something with your specific discs.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(495 Views)

I experienced the same issue, and disabling AutoPlay resolved the problem.  I don't know whether to blame Windows or the installer...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(395 Views)