LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of NI Developer Suite 2010 hangs at inserting DVD 2

I am trying to install NI Developer suite 2010 DS2 on my home PC, upgrading from 8.6.  When it comes to the point where I need to insert the DVD #2, it hangs.  Wont let me rescan drive, cancel or close the window.  Only way out I've found is a restart of XP.  I picked the automatic component selection based on my license.  How do I get past this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,545 Views)

Has this behavior happened mutliple times to you when you are trying to install this package? If so, does it always get stuck on the insert disc 2 popup? When you restarted your computer and tried to do it again, did you get the same behavior?

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,522 Views)

Yes, I tried the install three times from the DVD with a restart and inserting the DVD into the drive.  I could not exit or close the installer nor the window that was asking to insert DVD #2 in any way other than a restart.  I tried all three DVD's and an empty DVD tray in every combination.   Typically I would get an explorer window of the DVD root directory at the DVD insertion.  The explorer window title would have the correct DVD number. 

I am not sure where in the process it stopped, but it did get far enough that I could start LabView, so I activated it. 

I didn't think it was significant at the time, but I also could not get past the part of the instalation where it checks for updates before actually installing anything without unchecking the box for it to do this check.  I gave it 30 to 45 minutes without success the first time and unchecked the box every other time I started the install.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,515 Views)

I am a little confused with the meaning of the second paragraph...were you able to finally get LabVIEW installed? Are you still missing portions of your devsuite that was not installed? If your computer is okay with the LabVIEW 2010 computer requirements then I think it has something to do with the discs themselves.

Let me know if you were able to get anything up and running and then we can figure out where to go from here.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 15
(3,499 Views)

The install got far enough that LabView is there, I ran and activated it.  I can open a new, blank project and a blank vi.  It also looks like CVI is there, but I didn't actually try to run it. 

I have also not tried to see if the FPGA, cRIO real time or embedded arm modules are functional.  I doubt it becuse I did not get to the device installation step.  There are too many components of the suite for me to keep track of as to whether they are there or not.  Let's just say, if a component needs anything that is not on the first DVD, it can't be completely installed.  

The install stopped responding at the point where it's time to switch to the second DVD.  I could move the dialog around my screen, but it was inactive in any other way and I had to shut down to exit each time.  Neither the system tray close (Alt+F4) nor the close icon on either window had an effect.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,478 Views)

I'm at the same place now.

Trying to install 2010, I have 2009 installed.

There are no response from the dialog box. DVD is not runing, but I'm able to look at the files on the DVD with Windows Explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,454 Views)

What if you just try to install DVD #2 without putting DVD#1 in. Does it give you the option to install? If not, it sounds like to me, that either the discs are corrupt in the part when it comes to inserting new DVD's or something is wrong with the computer when it comes to these steps.

Try to insert DVD#2 and install it and go through the process there. This will give us more information as to what might be going on.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,446 Views)

I have now tried to only install those programs that was on the DVD, when starting with DVD1.
It didn't help, it still hangs, not able to close the dialog box, not even with the task manager.

I have then tried to install each module I need from DVD2, module by module, not going thought the normal installation menu on DVD1. That is going fine, I just have to select the right folders (Folder names are not very helpful, what is NI_MA ?).

(The hanging dialog box is still there, haven't restarted the pc again)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,446 Views)

Just to give an update:

Tried to install only the Device Drivers DVD from the DVD1 installation menu.

The problem still happens, the change of DVD dialog box is hanging, with no response to anything.

Could it be due to autorun DVD not working? ( then thing when you insert the DVD in the PC and the program startes to run from the DVD.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,423 Views)

It could be a problem with your computer when it comes to the autoplay feature. I am not too sure on that though. Have you installed all of the updates for your computer? What operating system are you trying to install this on?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,402 Views)