LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install builder

Hey guys,

i'm trying to make my vi a .exe to use it on a pc without labview on it.

For it to work propperly it needs labview visa and ni-488.2 runtimes as shown in the png provided. but when trying to make the installer it cant find the those installer. do you know where these are on the pc or how i can provide the builder with the missing runtimes so it can build the installer?

Yours Michael

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,780 Views)

Assuming that you installed LabVIEW 2016 and its drivers from an USB stick, plug in that usb stick to your computer and build the installer. Perhaps it will then find the required installers automatically.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,761 Views)

Hi octaris,

the missing runtimes (NI488 and NI-VISA) are found on your installation media.

You should copy them to your computer as is suggested in the shown dialog.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,761 Views)

Thanks for the fast reply

My Problem there is that im using a pc at university that they preinstalled the software on. So I dont have any install media present. And as far as i know university bought a ton of licenses and they installed it downloading the programms. so there is no disc or usb stick.

Is there a way to download these two driverpacks seperatly and provide it to the install builder?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,752 Views)

Yes that's an option.

VISA Run-Time Engine 16.0

NI-488 Run-Time Engine 16.0 (do you really use GBIP adapters in your programm? LabVIEW tends to suggest that installer although in reality it is not needed at all).

Add these to your installer medium either install it manually or try to do a post-install option from LabVIEW.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 8
(3,735 Views)

Thanks!

With the runtimes installed seperately it works on a pc with internet connection! 

the problem now is my prof wants the programm running on an pc without internet, so while installing the runtimes they are not able to connect to ni servers and make updates if necesarry. and it shows that without the internet connection they dont work any more.

can i somehow work arround this and supply it with up to date drivers so they dont even have to conntact ni servers?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,724 Views)

octaris wrote: can i somehow work arround this and supply it with up to date drivers so they dont even have to conntact ni servers?

Just put the installers on a flash drive and update through that.  Internet connection should not be required to install.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 8
(3,716 Views)

you can build from build specification and then run without labview.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,703 Views)