From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Hardware Support for LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

When updating to LabVIEW 2013, I'm asked to install appropiate device drivers, but I dont know where to find them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(31,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amstedrail

On the Device Driver DVD included with LabVIEW.  Or you can downlosd them at http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-2013.02/3802/en/.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
Message 2 of 14
(31,229 Views)

Hi, I am having this problem. The link does not work any more.

(1) Is there a single package I can download? (As there seem to be multiple device driver packages.)

(2) I am using an NI USB-9162 with an NI 9215 with BNC at the moment. I want the flexibility to connect to other NI data loggers as well without having to download more device drivers on the fly because I generally work in places where I cannot get an internet connection.

(3) Can I for the moment "Decline" and fix this later. My computer is currently hanging waiting for me to tell it what to do. I have the device driver package NIDAQ already on my computer but I point it to the folder this is in and it won't accept it.

Thanks.

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(30,727 Views)
The device driver package is at http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:4.9547.9548,ssnav:...

This package includes the drivers for all NI hardware and not just DAQ.

DAQmx is a single driver for all NI DAQ devices so your code would often require little modification.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(30,722 Views)

Hi,

This link no longer works.

(1) There seem to be a lot of device drivers, which should we install?

(2) I want to be able to connect with all the common NI data loggers, does this help with question 1 if that is the follow up info you need?

(3) I cannot link to the internet on the fly because I work 99% of the time with no internet so need this setup so I don't have to keep accessing online things.

(4) Can I just ignore the message and click on "Decline"?

(5) I have downloaded the drivers package called NIDAQ1420f1 which seems to be pointed to a lot and mentioned in one of the step-by-step guides and when I link to the folder it created (or the folder the executable is in) it does not accept this as a driver.

If you can help that would be good.

Thanks,

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(30,717 Views)

Thanks,

I am downloading parts 1, 2 and 3 from February 2015. Assume this is correct? This could take a while! If there is a faster option do let me know.

Sorry about asking this twice. I'm on a mobile internet connection so connection not great and thought first one had not gone through. Hence, if you can clarify that there is not an alternative that would be cool as download likely to take about 7 hours. If I have to do this that's fine and I'll get a good book to read!

Thanks 😃

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(30,713 Views)

There should be an installer in the driver package.  Just run the installer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(30,708 Views)
You install the driver for the hardware you have. I don't know what you mean by common data loggers. There are dozens/hundreds of devices that collect data such as the multifunction DAQ devices, digital multimeters, scopes, etc. The devices you mention are multifinction daq devices and as I have already said, that uses DAQmx. Silly to download all of the other drivers of you just need one.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(30,706 Views)

Since you just need DAQmx, use this installer: NI-DAQmx 14.5

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(30,700 Views)

By common I meant commonly used. Maybe an irrelevant concept in this case: didn't realise, sorry 😃

I do onsite work with lots of companies and which instruments I am asked to work with is random and varies from week to week.

For my current testing purposes (and so I can finish with my current customer today) which driver or drivers do I need for an NI 9215 with BNC that is in a NI USB 9162 carrier? I've tried searching on the driver page of your website for 9162 and 9215 and I might be missing something but can't see any product specific drivers for them.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. I thought you meant to look under the names of the instrument but maybe I should be doing something else to just download the driver I need? Or? I can just download the lot later (which I'll do anyway) but you'll save me another site visit tomorrow if you can point me at the drivers now. Thanks.

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(30,697 Views)